Aircraft Design: Configuration Layout, Loft, & CAD
For Experts and future Experts in Aircraft Configuration Layout
Come take the Advanced Follow-On Course for Dr. Raymer's popular 5-day
Aircraft Design Short Course.
Developed for those who, like Raymer, actually work in new aircraft configuration layout, this class in configuration
Layout and Loft provides an expert's insight into the subject covering topics such as
fuselage layout for minimum drag and cost, wing layout for optimal aerodynamics, and the classical
lofting methods upon which current practice is based. The class also discusses modern lofting mathematics as used
in Computer-Aided Design systems, and
includes advice on the best way to use CAD for aircraft concept design. Topics include:
(While normally taught over a two-day period with review of critical material from the 5-day class, this class is sometimes
presented as a 1-day intensive course. Check the class announcement for specifics.)
- Quickly Getting The Design Started
- Configuration Design Graphical Techniques
- Wing & Tail Layout Including Airfoil Interpolation & Flat Wrap
- Aircraft Lofting Methods & Mathematics
- Computer-Aided Configuration Design
- Analytical Geometry, Conics, Splines, Fairing, Bsplines, Nurbs, Surface Fitting, Curve Smoothing, & Parametric Surface Patches
- The Profession Of Design
- Design Case Study
- Required Requirements
- Layout: Step By Step
- Analytical Geometry For Aircraft Loft
- Fuselage Layout & Conics
- Wing / Tail Layout
- Landing Gear Layout
- Computer Graphics Mathematics
- Geometric Representation
- Survey Of CAD Programs
- Computer-Aided Conceptual Design
Will be scheduled for public presentation in the spring of 2018 - contact
Conceptual Research Corporation
for information or date preferences.
IN-HOUSE OFFERINGS: Contact Conceptual Research Corporation
(310-577-3773) for a price quote and schedule availability.
Site Content is Copyright © 2017 by D.Raymer, ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
This includes the Course Outline above, which may
NOT be used by others for preparing a class or a request for bids to teach such a class.
Design Classes |
Other Stuff |